Sunday, December 22, 2013

Donating Life

Yesterday I went to a funeral of a friend. She was only 44 years old and had a massive stroke that left her brain dead. I think it hit home because she was only 2 years older than me. She also had her son later in life.

She was a very giving person. In death she is still giving by helping 5 families with her organ donations. I know this was hard for the family but they honored her wishes. What a great legacy for her 6 year old to remember her for!

My family knows I have been an organ donor for over 10 years now. In my state they ask you when you apply for a driver's license. So right there on the back of my license is a heart to indicate organ donor.

If you have never thought about organ donation I urge you to think about it. If you are on the fence I plead with you to look into it until your questions are answered. Most of all let your family know your wishes. You thinking about it quietly in your head won't help anyone after you are gone. The only thing that is certain in life is death.

http://donatelife.net/understanding-donation/learn-the-facts/

No comments:

Post a Comment