Thursday, February 28, 2013

Freecycle

Have you heard of www.freecycle.org?

The main reason for Freecycle is to keep items out of the landfills. So if you go in with an attitude of what can I out I get free it won't work for you.

Sometimes there are little things posted like boxes, magazines, left over paint or an artist that wants Altoid cans. Other times it maybe a dresser, freezer or other furniture. It is a rush to get that something free but remember you should post items as well.

There are several close to me but I only participate in Memphis and Desoto Co.

I have given several items to Freecycle. I like it better than donating to Goodwill as you can see the joy for the person it goes to. I have given a microwave, books, dresser, computer desk, clothes and lots of other things.
I have received a dresser, clothes, cement blocks, and shelving. All items I needed at that time. Some people including me keep a list of people who request items but never show. And if I am posting something and I notice the person has never offered an item I will choose someone else.

There are several sites like Freecycle. I just prefer it since they have a larger membership.

No comments:

Post a Comment