Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Follow up on Phantom Power

I told you I would share how much of a difference my utility bill was by eliminating phantom power.
Our utility bill was lowered by a little more than $12.
 
The only thing different we did was unplug everything we were not using on a daily basis.
The power strip in our spare room alone contains the computer tower, monitor, speakers, modem and printer.
We unplugged the garage AC unit, my husband’s guitar and amps, and 2 Glade plug ins that had seen better days.
 
I also hung 3 loads of laundry to dry.
 
That’s it. Not bad for a 8.5% savings.
 
This month I am attempting to hang a few more loads to dry.
I don’t hang towels or sheets. My husband does his own laundry so it does not get hung.
I have to hang everything on a 3 tier sweater rack and in the bathroom. We do not have an outside line.
 
I am working on my husband to let me shut the power strip down that contains the TV, DVR/Satellite box, DVD player,
and stereo. I may take the TV and DVR/Satellite box off and put on another power strip.
He doesn’t like waiting for the TV to warm up.
 
I will let you know next month the difference with hanging more laundry to dry.
I will also be looking for anything else we can unplug over night or during the day while at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment